Nature Nurtures by Brenda R. Bryan
Step out of your house, apartment, workstation, your clothes closet.
Step into the great outdoors, the neighborhood, the park, the nature reserve.
Step into nature, flowing fresh air, sunlight, wind, breezes flowing through your cells.
Let the sound of water excite you, connect you to life itself. We are all part of the cycle of life. All the elements are part of you, working for you, needed by you, to stay healthy in body, mind, and Spirit.
Over the last few months, I have been spending way too much time hooked up to my electronic equipment. Sometimes I have all four of my systems in play, my phone, my iPod, my computer, and my TV. Dear Goddess, I am frying my brain!
I have been busy creating lots of new things, thinking up ways I can deliver a greater level of quality and quantity of service. Great, right? No, not really. It would be if I took the time to fill up my reservoir. It would be if I took the time to get fed, nurtured, connected to what keeps me tapped into my higher authority.
How many times have you used your will to push past and through a project to get it done and, once done, you still did not step outside and take a breath, reset for the next move?
Here’s what I receive from my time in nature…
- I get quiet. My body’s nervous system slows down. My energy field smooths out. All the ragged edges that keep me in a hyper mood begin to settle down.
- I can feel my senses begin to tune in to my surroundings. The smells…I feel like I can taste the colors, see the aura of the trees. I hear the river speaking to me.
- I miss the river, how it feels like my body belongs to it. I want to sit in the middle and hear its song. I know there is a message there for me.
- I can feel the pressure on my temples from overthinking begin to release. I can feel space to breathe deeper, spread out my aura, take up and take in that which is all around me.
- I can once again feel the rich abundance of connectedness, grounded by Mother Earth, fed by all the free elements that I am part of.
My soul is crying out to me… Get out of the house! Find a place to breathe. Breathe in the connection. Breathe in the present moment, all that is happening right before me.
We sit on Mother Earth too often as a given. Too often not recognizing what it is to our very existence to walk on this Earth. We take for granted that we will have it tomorrow. But after all that the pandemic has offered up, we cannot remove ourselves from the connection. We have the ability to be aware and connect. Stay aware of your soul speaking to you. We get to live a more vibrant connected life, it’s our choice.
Here is a list of what getting outside can do for you:
- Better sleep (Especially if you get out in the early light of the day. Early morning sunlight sets in motion the cortisol levels needed for sleep.).
- Vitamin D from the sun is a necessary part of mood control.
- Getting a 20-minute walk helps with keeping your energy up when you find yourself slumping. The benefits of a 20-minute walk last 6 hours, a piece of chocolate only 3 hours.
- Fresh air is good for the lungs and the blood which feeds the brain and lifts brain fog.
- Getting into nature opens your perspective. You begin to see with greater range, width, and possibility.
- The air will cleanse your aura. I like the wind from the sea, the best for this, but I take what’s availed. This is why I walk by rivers, they move airflow.
- Going into a forest, you can get a forest shower. All the fresh air getting created by the trees and leaves feel so good to the lungs.
- Walking or exercising outdoors gets the blood flowing, releasing more toxins from the body and strengthening the immune system.
There are hundreds of other reasons to get outside, be in nature. Find some time and see how it makes you feel. What about nature can nurture and feed you?
As many of you know, last year I introduced the Wild Women and Magic Retreat. My sisters and I are building a community and I would love to have you join us as we create drum circles, do ritual, and change our lives.
On May 20 – 22, 2022 we are hosting a small gathering to rejuvenate and replenish in nature. We will spend time in circle, be outside doing ritual, share our gifts and create a loving, healing space for us to grow.
If you’re interested in knowing more send me an email. I will reach out with more details. email@example.com
You can even place quotations!
Brenda is a fantastic coach.
She is truly passionate about supporting women in being seen and heard. Brenda uses a combination of gentle support and challenge to bring out the best in her clients and in every human being with whom she comes into contact. The Raise Your Voice Speakers Club helped me grow in confidence and clarity in delivering my message, in a community environment that made me feel safe yet also challenged me to grow. I highly recommend the Speakers Club to any woman who has a message to share and is ready to play bigger in the world!
Like most people, I guess, I’ve been terrified of public speaking!
Yet I realize that it’s a necessary skill for today’s entrepreneurs and a path to personal empowerment. Turning to Brenda for her expertise and coaching has already made a big difference in my comfort level and ability to show up as myself.
Brenda has the insight, tips and tricks to make “raising your voice” much more than an exercise in imparting information to your listeners. She helps me create more engaging, coherent, and exciting presentations that feel authentic to who I am. If you want to shift how you come across onstage and be seen and heard as a trusted expert, I highly recommend you get in touch with Brenda.
The Raise Your Voice Speakers Club is an AMAZING GROUP..
..of heart centered women coming together to speak our stories.
I like to describe our club as “An empowered group of women, joining energies to make our voices heard, and make the world a better place.”
If you ever envisioned yourself speaking clearly on stage, or wished you could stand up in front of a group and not vomit, to speak your mind, or even speak out loud. If you’re looking for a sisterhood of support, this might be the time for you to come check out our Club.
I have found her speakers club to be an excellent..
..environment in which to learn about promoting my professional interests as an author and an artist. As a result of my participation in this club, I feel much more confident when I speak about myself now, and as a result, my message has become more easily understood and more relevant to the general public.
You’ll be touched and inspired.
I recently attended the inaugural Fireside Stories event put on by Brenda Bryan, creator and facilitator of the Raise Your Voice Speakers Club, and I was thoroughly impressed.
The women who shared their stories and experiences to an attentive crowd were bold, brave, powerful (and brilliant) in their storytelling skills, their authenticity, and their willingness to be vulnerable.
And it’s no wonder with Brenda at the helm, guiding them through the nerve-wracking process of public speaking. She is a soulful, nurturing, and wise mentor who genuinely cares about women’s voices and women’s lives.
I highly recommend Brenda’s Speakers Club and her Fireside Stories event. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry.